Whether you want to make your debut or go back on tour after a long hiatus, starting a career at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa can feel more like play than work. This expansive property is the premier entertainment destination of Central Florida & features high stakes table games along with thousands of the hottest slot machines. Owned & operated by the Seminole Tribe of Florida, this electrifying casino destination boasts rock star amenities at its AAA Four Diamond rated hotel ranging from seven award-winning Zagat-rated restaurants, a newly renovated Rock Spa® & Salon and VIP services galore.
Our Commitment to Service:
We don’t have customers, we have Guests. Unparalleled Service isn’t just a part of our mission statement at Seminole Gaming; it’s a commitment to each and every one of our current & future Guests. Our staff spends their time making sure that every single one of our guests gets the rock star treatment, but the Seminole Hard Rock family also rolls out the red carpet for our employees with competitive benefits & a great work environment.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer rockin' benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurances, 401K, Paid time off, Annual Bonus Opportunity & much more! Please visit http://www.gotoworkhappy.com/benefits to see our full list of benefits!
How we look & appear to each guest provides an important impression of our Company. Non-permitted guidelines include unnatural hair color, visibly explicit or offensive tattoos, facial tattoos, ear piercings that alter the shape and/or size of the ear, any visible body or facial piercings other than two (2) piercings per ear, facial hair longer than ½ inch in length or mustaches that extend past ¼ inch below the upper lip. Please note this list is not all-inclusive, as well as exceptions to these rules may apply for certain departments.
The Slot Tech Apprentice is responsible for performing all requirements for Slot maintenance including daily service, installation, relocation, reactivation and preventive maintenance.
Acquired on the job knowledge coupled with hard work and dedication can present the possibility for advancement to a Tech position when one exists.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
• Performs all repairs and service requirements necessary for Slot machines and related gaming equipment
• Performs Installation, configuration, diagnostic testing, and final testing of all slot machines and associated equipment, in accordance with the manufactures Operation and Service Guide, and department policies and procedures.
• Remove and replace failed replaceable units during installation and upgrades in accordance with the manufactures Operation and Service Guide, and department policies and procedures.
• Ensures all slot machines on the casino floor are operating according to company standards.
• Rebuilds parts/equipment during down times, and maintains the parts inventory as assigned
• Prioritize workloads to meet business demands
• Circulates through the assigned area performing repairs as necessary
• Ensures that all slot/storage areas are cleaned and organized
• Responsible for the initial set up and testing of all new slot products
• Completes all regulatory/operational documents thoroughly and legibly
• Assists in the training of subordinates and the development of new methods and techniques for training manuals
• Maintains the integrity of the slot machine equipment and secure all company assets and property at all times
• Conducts themselves in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations, and Seminole Tribe of Florida/departmental policies and procedures.
• High School diploma or equivalent with Mechanical/ technical abilities and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Must be able to learn and achieve the phases of machine installs, placing machine cabinetry, and unloading machines during deliveries.
• Must have had experience using power tools
• Must be able to read and understand common technical manuals.
• Must be able to work standing/walking for long periods of time and able to lift up to 50lbs.
• Must possess basic math skills.
• Must have good guest service skills.
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming’s employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).