The Food Runner is responsible for serving meals to guest. Additionally prepares dining area for use, cleans appropriate areas, and sets tables for further use ensuring a positive guest experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina.
- Completes all established set-up, stocking and closing duties on time.
- Clears, cleans and resets tables according to procedures.
- Knows and adheres to health and sanitation guidelines at all times.
- Demonstrates a courteous, friendly, polite, congenial and efficient attitude.
- Promotes positive guest/employee relations.
- Serves all guests according to established standards of service.
- Delivers all items in a timely and courteous manner.
- Assist servers and bussers as necessary with established pre-bus and pre-set standards.
- Communicates customer requests to assigned server.
- Knowledgeable of restaurant seating plan including sections, table numbers and seat numbers.
- Knowledgeable of restaurant (ordering) systems; expediting systems.
- Communicates with kitchen expeditor; checks order duplicates for correctness; communicates discrepancies to the expeditor.
- Is familiar with all menu specifications and abbreviations.
- Handles and solves any concerns and questions customers may have or relays guest complaints/compliments to the appropriate Assistant Manager on duty.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Adheres to food & beverage policies, procedures, state liquor laws, state food safety handler regulations and all related training material.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.