VIP Hosts are responsible for booking tables and creating guest lists at the venue. The VIP Host is responsible for negotiating table minimums and seating tables during the shift at the appropriate table minimum established by management. Additionally, the VIP Host will be responsible for but not limited to numerous other marketing activities such as email blasts, hotel outreach, sector outreach, nightclub outreach, completing and maintaining a hotel book from assigned hotels, collecting business cards, booking happy hours, and meeting social media requirements.
During the course of the nightclub shift, the VIP Host will interact with customers in a number of ways, including: seating customers according to the established venue table minimum schedule, answering questions about the venue and property and communicating minimums and special information about each table with the service team inside of the venue, and transferring tables late night to properly maintain energy throughout the shift. VIP Hosts are responsible for presenting themselves as a positive reflection of the venue while also marketing to potential customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acts as an ambassador of the venue, marketing the venue and all products offered to the targeted customer base.
- Actively markets the venue through available social media outlets.
- Is aware of the impact individual behavior will have on the venue as a whole, presents oneself as a public relations agent at all times.
- Collects customer information for the venue database, while constantly striving to increase the size of personal clientele.
- Constantly provides customers with accurate information about the venue and property as well as entertainment offered in each.
- Constantly increasing knowledge of event and happenings inside of assigned hotel and sector of outreach as well as conventions, citywide conventions, and events.
- Has the ability to effectively communicate table minimums and cover charge with potential customers in a positive manor.
- Grows revenue by maximizing available space and upholding table minimums and cover charge at all times.
- Develops a strong relationship with casino marketing department, generating incremental business inside of the venue.
- Welcomes and entertains all customers to the venue professionally and courteously, according to the established venue sequence of service.
- Works with a sense of urgency to anticipate customer needs. Work with the same degree of urgency to assist other team members when the opportunity arises.
- Maintains knowledge of the venue floor plan and table numbers, seating the room evenly and consistently per venue management’s instruction.
- Communicates all relevant information to the service team, putting the service team in the best possible position to execute flawless service.
- Works with a high level of professionalism towards all customers, ensuring they will return to Hard Rock Nightclub Venues.
- Communicates with management, hosts and service staff immediately to rectify any and all customer needs and requests.