Protects company assets by ensuring compliance with internal control procedures, SOP's and regulations
· Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
· Conducts regular, random audits of departmental policies and procedures to ensure compliance with SOPs, general procedures and other departmental guidelines.
· Completes audits by documenting audit tests and findings.
· Appraises adequacy of internal control systems.
· Audits departmental paperwork as it relates to the STGC and the Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
· Communicates findings by preparing a final report to be distributed to the appropriate Management teams
· Prepares special control reports by collecting, analyzing. and summarizing operating information and trends from daily reports, inquiries and testing
· Works with all gaming departments to address and follow up on any discrepancies identified through the audits.
· Manage Audit finding expectations by decreasing or eliminating any future audit findings
· Coordinate the STOF Internal Audit process by gathering the requested documents, schedule opening and closing meetings, and collect back-up documentation for discussion
· Perform reviews from Surveillance to ensure that the Drop and Count process is performed according to Tribal regulations
· Audit the physical and logical security controls
· Participate in Departmental interviews, assist with accessing business risks/controls and record in a Risk Matrix at least annually or as business units change
· Assists in the maintenance of control systems/ SOP's by updating programs and recommending new policies and procedures to appropriate Management Teams.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Analyzes data from multiple systems for fraud detection purposes.
· Bachelor’s Degree in business related field, Finance or Accounting preferred.
· Three to five years of internal audit experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Audit, Compliance, Documentation Skills, Attention to Detail, Reporting Research Results, Thoroughness, Presentation Skills, Financial Software, Objectivity, Microsoft Office proficiency (especially Excel)