Escape from the everyday job to Seminole Casino Hotel located in the beautiful paradise coast of Immokalee, Florida. Immokalee means ‘my home”… there is no better place to work!
Our Immokalee is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Seminole Casino Hotel Immokalee is the largest, most exciting attraction in the five-county region and Southwest Florida’s premier gaming & hotel destination. We offer our guests 75,600 square feet of high-paying progressive gaming, over 1,300 of the industry’s newest slots, 38 live table games and a WPT poker room.
Seminole Casino Hotel also offers 19 suites and 80 deluxe rooms, each offering an upscale retreat experience equipped with plenty of amenities inside of the room and outside of the room. Our guests can enjoy our refreshing pool including our authentic Seminole chickee huts, 24-hour fitness studio, event space that can accommodate up to 400 people, 24 hour business center, not to mention all of our amazing restaurants.
Our staff spends their time making sure that every single one of our guests gets the royal treatment, but the Seminole family also rolls out the red carpet for our team members with competitive pay, benefits, free meals, recognition, free parking and a great work environment. If you're ready to join a stellar team that stands out from all of the rest, apply today
OUR COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
We don’t have customers, we have Guests. Each visitor is our Guest, just as you have a Guest in your home. You take a certain level of pride when you have an invited Guest in your home. You should take the same pride with every Guest who visits one of our properties. Unparalleled Service isn’t just a part of our mission statement at Seminole Gaming; it’s a commitment to each and every one of our current and future Guests.
Under the supervision of the Housekeeping Manager, the Room Attendant will be responsible for ensuring rooms are cleaned to established property standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must demonstrate actions and behaviors that reinforce the Company’s mission “Unconquered Vision, Unparalleled Service, Unlimited Future,” and values of Friendly, Fresh, Fast, Fun and Focused.
• Ability to deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience.
• Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals.
• Must present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional appearance.
• Services guest rooms using cleaning agents and equipment to ensure adherence to department policies.
• Removes, inventories and replaces soiled linens and prepares rooms for guest arrivals.
• Organizes and/or replenishes guest room amenities.
• Maintains a clean and orderly cart with adequate supplies.
• Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within areas of responsibility.
Other duties as assigned.
• Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations and Seminole Tribe of Florida departmental policies and procedures
• Ensure prompt and discrete notification to management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts or internal ethics violations
• Show a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discretely notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations
Previous hotel cleaning experience is preferred. Ability to read and understand all Seminole Tribe of Florida policies and procedures.Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities. Must be able to complete standard Seminole Tribe of Florida forms and reports. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred. Must possess basic mathematical skills to include ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide specific to position responsibilities. Must exercise sound judgment in all aspects of position.Basic computer knowledge is preferred. Must apply for, obtain and remain eligible for the appropriate Seminole Tribal Gaming License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand or walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision and depth perception.
Frequently required to stoop, kneel or crouch. Required to push cleaning cart and operate vacuums. Must be able to push or lift approximately 20-25 lbs of furniture, equipment, trash and linens.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Exposure to gaming related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise, high volume guest/employee contact in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to: