Escape from the everyday job to Seminole Casino Hotel located in the beautiful paradise coast of Immokalee, Florida. Immokalee means ‘my home”… there is no better place to work!
Our Immokalee is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Seminole Casino Hotel Immokalee is the largest, most exciting attraction in the five-county region and Southwest Florida’s premier gaming & hotel destination. We offer our guests 75,600 square feet of high-paying progressive gaming, over 1,300 of the industry’s newest slots, 38 live table games and a WPT poker room.
Seminole Casino Hotel also offers 19 suites and 80 deluxe rooms, each offering an upscale retreat experience equipped with plenty of amenities inside of the room and outside of the room. Our guests can enjoy our refreshing pool including our authentic Seminole chickee huts, 24-hour fitness studio, event space that can accommodate up to 400 people, 24 hour business center, not to mention all of our amazing restaurants.
Our staff spends their time making sure that every single one of our guests gets the royal treatment, but the Seminole family also rolls out the red carpet for our team members with competitive pay, benefits, free meals, recognition, free parking and a great work environment. If you're ready to join a stellar team that stands out from all of the rest, apply today.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
We don’t have customers, we have Guests. Each visitor is our Guest, just as you have a Guest in your home. You take a certain level of pride when you have an invited Guest in your home. You should take the same pride with every Guest who visits one of our properties. Unparalleled Service isn’t just a part of our mission statement at Seminole Gaming; it’s a commitment to each and every one of our current and future Gues
Performs the functions of a Dealer on an assigned shift. • Responsible for dealing an assigned game in accordance with established policy and procedures. • Conducts the assigned game with respect to Seminole Gaming’s Compliance and Regulations and procedures. • Responsible for customer satisfaction and enjoyment on a particular assigned table game.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Offers the highest possible level of customer service resulting in a maximum level of customer enjoyment and return play. • Responsible for knowing all policies & procedures of the specific table game she is dealing.
• Maintains a work environment that is safe, professional, friendly and conducive to a high level of productivity & performance, as well as, morale.
• Works diligently to support the Seminole Gaming’s culture and team philosophy throughout the property.
• Acts as a role model to all employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Seminole Gaming and encourages other team members to do the same.
• Promotes positive public relations and creates an enjoyable atmosphere for all customers. • Ensures the protection of customer’s rewards and credit lines.
• Complies with all departmental and Company Policies including Seminole Gaming’s business ethics guidelines.
• Complies with all regulatory requirements.
• Maintains confidentiality of all Seminole Gaming’s trade secrets and proprietary information including business processes, customer lists, marketing plans and any other confidential information.
• Creates and ensures a fun-filled, entertaining and exciting environment.
• Serves in the role and complete the responsibilities of a Dual Rate Dealer/Floor Supervisor as requested.Demonstrates a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discretely notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations
• Demonstrates actions and behaviors that reinforce the Company’s Mission and Values of Communication, Integrity, Fun, Respect, Accountability, Passion and Dedication
Must be able to deal Black Jack with a high level of proficiency. Must possess excellent customer service and talent relation skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Must be a High School Graduate or possess an equivalent diploma Must have a minimum of two years Casino Dealer experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Exposure to casino related environmental factors including but not limited to second hand smoke, excessive noise, and stress related to servicing customers in a high pressure and fast paced environment. Must be able to stand for an entire shift and be able to move throughout the Casino and/or Hotel areas.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to: