Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida, located minutes from Fort Lauderdale’s world-famous beach, features a AAA Four Diamond resort with 469 luxury rooms and suites, award-winning restaurants, high-energy nightlife, a lagoon-style pool and Beach Club, a Hard Rock-inspired spa, and premium meeting and convention space. As South Florida’s premier entertainment destination, Seminole Hard Rock hosts top-name acts at its 5,500–seat Hard Rock Live concert arena and offers more than 100 table games, 2,000 of the most popular slots and a stand-alone poker room. Fine dining options include Council Oak Steaks & Seafood, the resort’s signature steakhouse, and Kuro, a luxe and socially vibrant restaurant offering new-style Japanese cuisine. The resort also features contemporary and casual eateries, including Blue Plate, the hotel’s 24-hour diner-inspired restaurant; Constant Grind, a gourmet coffee and pastry shop; and the ever-famous Hard Rock Cafe - Hollywood, part of Hard Rock’s 164 globally recognized rock ‘n’ roll restaurants.
Under the direction of the Pastry Sous, assists with preparation of food in assigned kitchen outlet, ensure a fresh, positive and exciting environment where safety, flawless delivery and execution of product excellence and service are paramount.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Culinary degree and two (2) years’ experience in producing pastry in a similar high caliber establishment required. Received training in Pastry, Garde Manger, Bakery, Production, Japanese Cooking, A La Carte, Buffet, and Kitchen Artistry outlets required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ability to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays is required.
• Ability to deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience.
• Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals.
• Must present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional demeanor.
• Ability to lead and mentor a team.
• Ability to interact with a diverse team of individuals.
• Superior organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Knowledgeable and capable of all Pastry prep
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).